Permanent Housing & Rapid Re-housing
Halifax Urban Ministries has a re-housing Case Manager and Housing specialist to help to homeless individuals and families find permanent Housing. We have funding to help families with children establish a new residence with rent and utility assistance and case management to help families become successful in life. For single homeless or special needs families we work with the COC and partner agencies to find housing opportunities. If you are homeless in Volusia or Flagler County please contact one of our rehousing staff to begin the intake process. They can help you decide which housing programs are available or if you may be better served in our emergency or a transitional shelter program. Call 386-252-9400
If you are a Realtor, investor or landlord there are many benefits to partnering with HUM by participating in our program. Consider the following advantages:
- Eliminate advertising costs. Working with our program gives you access to a pool of ready-to-rent tenants. Just call us up when you have a vacant unit, and we’ll immediately match you with a client that is looking for housing.
- “Smart” renters. Our clients have attended training on such topics as personal budgeting, understanding rental agreements, housekeeping and general apartment maintenance, being a good neighbor, etc.
- Damage/security deposits. Our organization aims to help individuals get back up on their feet. We have found that many low-income clients can afford the monthly rent, but have difficulty saving enough money for their security deposit. As a result, we help clients put together this one-time payment.
- Clients have access to time-limited subsidies. Again, our organization aims to help individuals get back up on their feet. As a result, eligible clients receive a subsidy to help them cover the first three months of their rent. This allows clients some time to stabilize and build an emergency fund for the future.
- Clients are attached to needed services. Some of our clients face a number of challenges, but we work with our clients on an ongoing basis to make sure they have the support they need to succeed. We work with clients to correct past mistakes and prevent future problems, and through our network of partners, clients have access to an array of supportive services.
- Problem prevention through regular home visits. Our case managers conduct regular home visits to ensure that clients are stabilized in their new environments, that their jobs are going well, and that they are getting the support they need. Regular follow up with clients allows us to identify and address problems early before they become irreparable.
- A neutral party to mediate problems. Despite best efforts, problems are sometimes inevitable. However, when problems arise, it can be reassuring to know that there is someone to call. We care as much about our relationship with our landlords as we do our clients. We need everyone to make our program work. The job of a case manager is to be a neutral party, ensuring that everyone is treated fairly and that problems are resolved quickly and impartially.
- Satisfaction from helping others. Everyone deserves a safe and affordable place to live. Some people make mistakes, but everyone deserves a second chance. By helping house our clients, you are playing an integral role not only in helping individuals take charge of their lives but also in making your community a better place for all of us to live.
For information or to participate in the HUM Housing Program please contact Housing Specialist:
Jeremy Royce at 386-252-9400 or Jeremy@halifaxurbanministries.org
Because People Matter To God!