Halifax Urban Ministries
215 Bay Street, Daytona Beach, FL 32114 – 386.252.0156
View Larger Map
STAR Center and Family Shelter-
340 North Street, Daytona Beach, FL 32114 – 386.252.9400
View Larger Map
Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. 1:00 p.m. (Closed 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
- There are an estimated 20,000 families in need throughout Volusia and Flagler counties.
- The services offered by HUM include temporary housing, food, counseling / support programs and emergency assistance.
- HUM has been serving our community for over 30 years.
- The area serviced by HUM is from Ormond Beach to Oakhill.
- Financial contributions and donations of food and clothing come from individuals, faith groups, corporations and grants.
- The annual budget for 2011 is $1.2M.
- We have 400 active volunteers that assist in the daily operation of HUM.
Direct Services Offered by HUM & STAR
- Assist in obtaining documents. (Birth certificates / Social Security cards / Identification cards / Notarizing)
- Additional services offered to assist in securing employment. (Internet access / Telephone / Bus passes / Haircuts / Showers / Laundry / Bicycles)
- Medical and prescription assistance.
- Financial Assistance: (Rent / Utilities / Prescriptions) $70,000 in 2010.
- Cold Weather Shelter. (Host sites are area faith groups and the STAR Center.)
- In 2011 HUM provided over 17,000 food packages to the needy (Average cost to HUM $3.59 with a market value of $30 to $40.)
- Served over 140,000 ($.06 per meal daily noon) hot meals in 2011 at the Bridge of Hope and 10,000 meals at the Star Center.
- HUM averages 1,200 breakfast bags per month.
Thank you for reviewing this information. If you have any questions or would like to participate by contributing or volunteering to this worthy cause of helping those in need, please contact us at 386-252-0156.
Because…People Matter to God!