Offering Assistance to sustain – stabilize & shelter homeless Volusia County individuals and families with opportunities to confront the causes of homelessness in their lives and work towards self-sufficiency.
The Bridge of Hope – 316 North Street, Daytona Beach, FL
HUM’s daily hot meal program provides nearly 100,000 meals to people in need each year. Each lunch is balanced with protein, vegetables, fruits, salads, a starch, dessert, and beverage. This is often the only quality nutrition our homeless guests have access to.
The HUM Center – 340 North Street, Daytona Beach, FL Halifax Urban Ministries homeless intervention services include laundry, showers, case management, mail acceptance, ID applications, clothing and computer access. HUM has forged partnerships to provide an onsite medical clinic, and access to mental health services, cold weather shelters, legal and Traveler’s Aid.
The HUM Family Shelter – Provides emergency housing to over 80 families with children each year giving them a safe place to stay and access to all of the services listed above. The strategy at the shelter is to help families become self-sustaining and return to permanent housing either through their own efforts or in combination with our rapid rehousing program.
The Shelter offers:
- 21 rooms/88 bed spaces.
- For families with children.
- Provides up to three months of shelter for homeless families to get on their feet.
- 3 Daily Meals
- Day care coordination for children so parents can seek work.
- Tutoring provided for children in shelter’s media center.
- Classes provided to families on budgeting and family dynamics.
- Guidance by case managers and referral to our rapid rehousing program.
Mark Geallis, Executive Director
Donna Dooley, Director of Operations
386.252.9400 ext. 11
Because People Matter to God!